Aviation Industry Carbon Emissions
Roughly 30% of the greenhouse gas is removed from the atmosphere naturally over 30 years, an additional 50% disappears within a few hundred years, and the remaining 20% stays in the atmosphere for thousands of years.
While efforts are underway within the next few years to ramp up production of sustainable aviation fuels (SAF), a carbon offsets solution is available now to mitigate climate change impact.
Why Should Your Flight Department Participate?
Businesses that mitigate their carbon footprint through emission reduction and carbon offsets purchases benefit from:
Showing leadership & innovation
Achieving sustainability goals sends a strong message to key stakeholders – employees, customers, and investors, many of whom will hold a business accountable for its contribution to climate change.
Promoting your company’s culture
Supporting a carbon offset program will help infuse the business’ dedication and commitment to the environment into the workforce mindset.
Aligning with customers’ values
Addressing climate change with a carbon offset program will help attract and retain like-minded customers. People prefer to do business with companies whose values align with their own.
How is the Project Certified?
When you opt-in to participate in the TITAN Aviation Fuels Carbon Offsets Program, you are supporting a US-based renewable energy project which is verified by the industry’s most respected registry Verra and certified with Green-e® Climate, the highest certification standard.
What is Our Current Offset Project?
Your purchase of Carbon Offsets supports the Crow Lake Wind Emission Reductions Project
Frequently Asked Questions
- A carbon offset is a certificate representing the reduction of one metric ton (2,205 lbs) of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) emissions, the principal cause of climate change.
- If a project reduces carbon dioxide emissions, every ton of emissions reduced results in the creation of one carbon offset.
- Project developers can then sell these offsets to help finance current & future projects
- We fully address estimated carbon emissions of the fuel using the industry highest certification standards: Green-e® Climate.
- Your purchase funds a US based renewable energy project that displaces the need for fossil fuel power generation.
- Carbon offsets are commonly considered a business operating expense like electricity or office rent. You should consult your tax accountant.
- Yes. To ensure maximum transparency and accountability, every TITAN offset purchase is verified by an accredited and independent third party at the project level, when and where the offsets are being created.
- In addition, our total offset portfolio is subject to a separate periodic review by a different accredited and independent third party.
- Terrapass only source carbon credits that meet the highest standards. Terrapass was the first carbon offset vendor to seek independent auditing of their purchases and marketing claims.
- By teaming with Terrapass, we ensure that the carbon offsets we purchase meet hte hightest standards. Terrapass was the first carbon offset vendor to seek independent auditing of their purchases and marketing claims.